Tim has a passion for collaborative approaches to designing experiences that make complex things seem simple, and difficult processes easy for to people use.
With 20 years’ experience in user research, UX design, web development, digital strategy, and Agile project management, Tim helps facilitate and guide clients and their stakeholders through complex digital projects to ensure the outcomes benefit all who use, contribute to, or are impacted by the digital service being designed.
Tim has worked for a wide variety of government organisations, with a particular interest in ehealth and social justice. Projects have included:
- digital strategies for Infrastructure NSW and the Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- ethnographic research, prototyping and usability testing in clincial environments and with diverse and sensitive cohorts for the National Disability Insurance Scheme, The Australian Digital Health Agency and the DTA’s Digital Service Platforms Strategy;
- mapping the journeys of victims and perpetrators of domestic violence for the NSW Justice sector;
- designing a user-centred engagement platform for the Australian Tax Office; and
- developing digital content strategies for the Department of Finance, the Australian Communications and Media Authority and the Cancer Institute NSW.
Tim is Senior Executive Designer in ThinkPlace's Sydney studio and Digital Service Lead for ThinkPlace Australia.